Saturday, March 7, 2009

comic but not funny


This is the second post from 2007, a picture of a Doctor Octopus type character. This of course reflects my life steeped in comic art and lore. I have bought and read comics as recently as yesterday. It does not seem my interest will ever pass. Inversely I seem unable or unwilling to put the time and effort to perfecting the craft. I am not sure why this is. I seem ever fated to dabble in comic art but never commit. Is it fear, a lack of true conviction, timing? I cannot say.
I do have and interest. I am always doing half assed work on it. I am intending to contribute to covered . I have a host of example of comic type or inspired work to see. There is this exercise in graphic story telling, these are from comic stories I never made and some I did seen in the bottom picture here. The Batman and Superman here can be included in my interest I would say. My blog and art is peppered with comic stuff 1 2 3 4 for example.
i can't say I wouldn't be drawing or painting if it weren't for comic books but it is certainly how I started. My interest in painting portraits an be connect by a straight line to my desire to draw a better looking comic character. I certainly hope my direction will become more deliberate, more focused and I certainly wouldn't complain if I did comic stuff to that end.
On a final note, I ordered a pen and tablet for the computer. Part of this is to work on various aforementioned comic work with graphic programs. I had a lot of fun with the face book graphitti program but using the mouse only was getting to be a bit of a drag (no pun).
The posted pic is not related to comics but is the very last piece I worked on before posting this.
R.

No comments:

Site Meter