Saturday, August 25, 2007

Since Last Time





I seem to have fallen in on a comic book project. This I think is mentioned in the Post previous to this one. So I seem to be in that mode. I have been perusing my little book of rock posters and my Mad Man bubblegum cards. The only recent work is the half done study off a character swinging a bat. I am including a pics, in no particular order: The aforementioned bat swinger, three issues of a mini comic I once toyed with, the Thing, and an A. West and Y. Craig painting.
I had I think a success with the painting because it was not only the second run of the subject matter but it was informed by a early piece copyinga RiveraMural, or was it Orozco?
There is also a Superman that was somewhat inspired by Carravagio.
The comics were just an exercise in not not making comics. They are low production (the old copyer at work) and off the cuff project. There is in my opinion a visible learning curve to be seen in the art quality. At least in its decisiveness. It takes time to train your hand in a style or venue.
I hope to be doing some more after this blog fest.
Thanks

No comments:

Site Meter