Friday, March 6, 2009


This was the first post on this sight. It looks to be an introductory piece and refers to some works fueled by an interest in science and the natural world. Much of this can be seen here. I wish I could say that I have done more follow up work on this, I must have but nothing comes to mind. I certainly have done stuff that reflects this interest but I don't think any of it fall fully into the genera.

Maybe the Sendek styled beasts of myth idea might be close. There is a chicken in this picture and plants and flowers here and here.
There is other stuff I could point to but it seems better left for different posts and subject matter.
I still look a lot at the world around me. The pic that goes with this posts is an example of that. I am often drawn by the idea of putting more energy into studying science. I am often tempted to put more honest effort into nature studies (if landscapes and portraits don't count as such) and different collection practices. I don't feel that other ideas are a compromise or less of a thing. I am quite happy to do other things, and it is not as if I finish these other project either so..... there you are.
I'm sure there will be more talk of this as I go through these blog posts. see you there.
r.

No comments:

Site Meter