Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yet another Comic themed post



This blog refers back to this post. Not that I am trying to but I seem unable to escape the gravity of planet comic art. I did do the submission for covered, whether or not they accept is another story. I might argue that it is comic inspired art rather than comic art. I was not trying to so much make a proper comic piece as explore the other issues on my mind right now. These being the ideas of using found material both in the physical and conceptual realms. The idea being that the (re)use of such thing acts as both a window and a reference to our lives and society. Perhaps the word I am looking to use is "duality". There is meant to be both a fusion of old and new, introspection and extrospection(?), lost and found. I have often returned to the world of pop culture for image references and in this age of hypermedia I feel that the commonplace takes on a new significance. I could be said that over saturation feeds into itself creating a new level of vibrancy and freshness. Maybe A. Warhol and others might have taken this on decades ago.
This, at least, is the exploration if not the outcome.
I am awaiting the arrival of a pen and stylus. I mention this in that the hope is that it will be used in part for the comic medium. I have tasked myself with starting with the unfinished pic mentioned last pot. The idea is to do the old compare contrast gimmick while getting in art time and practicing the media with fun and relaxed work.
It looks like I will be posting on Thursdays mostly but that remains to be seen if that will hold out. It is the day i have the most time to post is all.
cheerio
r.

No comments:

Site Meter