Thursday, March 19, 2009



So this post is in regards to the earlier post of here. Comics, comics, comics, what can I say? I heard back from covered, they said they'd post in a couple of weeks. I did get the drawing tablet and am playing with it. I used it to color in this pic with it. I'm not in love with it but it is a start. I certainly need the practice. It is a sort of struggle to get the feel I want, the flow. I am no sure where the issues with my composition is an the use of the drawing tablet begins. I feel I keep over doing it. Not relying on line and I am trying to be too realistic (naturalistic really) with the piece. I have to work on the back ground as well. too busy or not in sync with the rest of the picture. I seem unable to draw a straight line to save my life it seems. Hence the rough buildings. Long story short I do not think I do it enough to have a "style" per se. At least one that plays to the genre. So an investment in time should resolve this.
I hope to keep working with it, playing with style and palette. I see a lot of stuff on the net i like , fun and well done too boot. I would like to try my hand at some of it.
I am also trying too just plain draw and paint more. I got some stuff started but can't seem to the the groove I want. I feel I need to be able to sit and work for hours on end. I have done it in the past and it felt good, I enjoy it when it happens. I might have to learn to be satisfied with the piecemeal lifestyle. But I really can't complain if I think about it. I might as well go with it while its good.
As mention earlier posts I am also looking to use the comic image as a pop culture reference. This is seems to be a default of mine. This in part is why I think the graphic story telling is or should be a natural thing for me.
Recap: draw and paint more, this should lead to a "style". Any work is good work and worth doing.

No comments:

Site Meter