Sunday, September 28, 2014

Just Something To Post

I took this picture yesterday or the day before and have changed it since then.
It was, I think, from the random word generator but I will be darned if I can remember the words that go with it.
What can I say about this? I can start by commenting that there is a lot of random drawings floating around that are like this, pages in a sketch book. How useful they are is questionable but it can't hurt to look at them every now and then. This can be both for conceptual ideas and for something to go back into to try a new technique or just to keep the rust off. As far as going back into it is does help to look at it for a while. Sometimes it takes time, days even, to see what is on the page or at least to absorb it.
As I mentioned it has been changed in the time between the pic and this writing. I added a dark spot under the giant's nose to both highlight the shape of his head and follow through with the heavy sun light idea. So a study of something over a period of time can always be useful.
Another example of this in the same picture is the lower left hand corner. It is bugging me as it is an incomplete picture (keep in mind this was never meant to be anything just something to keep the drawing hand warm) and my brain starts trying to plan a way out of this without any say so. Is it a good idea, I can not say yet but it is there. So as mentioned or implied hanging up a piece and looking at it casually can lead to thoughts on problems and solutions in the picture.
Why am I talking about this? As I wrote in the previous post I am looking for ideas for the 30 day art challenge. I have been seeing if anything jumps out at me for recycling opportunities. This is not one of them but I have been looking at stuff I have lying around. I might have some ideas but nothing that feels like something to grab by the tail. It'll only be a matter of time until they are mention and/or shown here.

No comments:

Site Meter