Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Doodles

I've been working a lot in the sketch book. I have gone back to getting subject matter from my word generator . Admittedly they are not much more than silly sketches but there are advantages. One, it forces me to draw with out reference material. I am just drawing out of my head and working out the the drawings without the crutch of copying from a photo or what have you. I suppose this issue might also be dealt with by doing still lives and life studies. At least I am trying to adjust my habits in a useful manner.
Additionally it allows me to try and be creative with the themes or specific subject. The words, for example in this post and in no specific order (but coupled) are, Cemetary Cricket, Gater Ugly, Smoking Poet and Martian Thing-In-a_Jar. I am forced to be, if not creative and clever, decisive in my actions. It is a little surprising how easy it is to come up with imagery.
On some level I hope that this is also allowing me to work out some concepts and ideas for bigger or more complicated projects. Maybe on some subconscious level perhaps. It certainly beats not doing anything.




older examples are here,, here, here, here, here, and here.

1 comment:

jel said...

I like them ....

Site Meter