Tuesday, July 6, 2010

More of the same

I never got a handle on this painting. I added to it the other day to see if it would take me anywhere. I do not think it did. It is perhaps an example of why I should give up the belief that I can do painting (at that scale?) with minute detail.
I've added to the figurine painting. An improvement perhaps but not so hot in my eyes. This is now a blog about what I am doing wrong and this one is not an exception. The composition is weak and thin, I am not filling the space in any juicy or luscious way. Perhaps my expectations are to high but I seldom seem to meet them. Additionally I believe I am remaking the same mistakes in palette selection, over and over again no less. I will let it dry some and go back into it to improve some of these issues.
On the plus side I am trying to use the paint itself better more liberally and may be approaching that.

I have managed to have some better choices on colors here. making a plan and sticking to it. My complaint of this one is that the subject matter is not as interesting as I thought it would be. There is a way to add drama and mood with the paint and the way it is applied. That though does not lend itself to my painting habits. I might have to except the little steps for little feet concept.

Finally, I got around to doing more of skeleton hand nonsense. I can't see why not to just keep doing it. is it funny? I 'm not sure but it is something to do.

No comments:

Site Meter