Tuesday, March 31, 2009

40 Minutes

I have a whole forty minutes before I have to get ready to go to work. So I am posting this update blog.
What have i been doing?
I got a Bamboo tablet for the ole computron. I have been using that. Two of those pics are here and one on the previous post. I really need to work on my color choices I think. I am closing in, I think, on the style I am envisioning, something in the guy davis or Moon & Ba catagorie. The muted or neutral colors, purples and greys giving a .... noir feel.
I still think I need to rock the black line for the comic style, though there is plenty of reason not to do so, a more painterly style. This will happen in its own time and arena.




My friend is pushing for suites of work. I am behind this but it means a lot of work in a short amount of time. So I need to keep drawing and such. Not that I haven't been.
At least three of these pics represent three possible ideas. The Senor Bufanda is a riff on pulp covers. Mainly it is a chance to come up with crazy names and villains all centered around the character SB. Not unlike these. This would be a series trying to capture the pulp style of the days. Obviously I am not quite done and need to work on my lettering.
All of these also show a lack of follow through in the finishing work. I need to look more intently at that.
The weird Ax bone is a concept piece of phony archeology. I can envision a lot of possibility with that
I'll speak more on that if and when something comes of it. I also feel that this is up J's alley.
The top pic represents a suite of "people" I know. I do not know the person in the drawing but I like the style I used and wouldn't mind following up on it.
I have a list of other ideas. However it is not in front of me so I will not comment at this time.
My 40 minutes is about up.
r.

No comments:

Site Meter