Friday, September 26, 2008

another from Asheville.


I'm leaving Asheville tomorrow.
I still can't get a handle on Abstract art. I can see the qualities I like in other art pieces and i feel like I know what makes or breaks a good composition and a bad one. Yet this knowledge does not seem to come in to play when I try a non-representational piece.
I can't tell if I am trying too hard or not hard enough. I admit that usually I start these things on the fly and without much of a plan. As mentioned in the lat post (I think) I mentioned the start being the most important part. This is probably the issue. Certainly something one can correct. What I need to do is try it both ways and see what the outcome is. Not to mention that I need to try a serious and focused stint on the style.
More later
r

No comments:

Site Meter