Sunday, October 5, 2008

Largely a gratuitous pic upload


I have ripped a lot of pictures. Some random some with more of a purpose. One of those less random categories are pictures that i think would be fun to use or reproduce. This is of course on of them. I have always felt that real life costuming is fun to paint and the super hero genre even more so. the colors often lend themselves (let alone style) to classical periods and artists. I often see Caravaggio in the reds of costumes, ex Superman.

This line of thinking is like pulling on a thread, it just opens up all over the place and gives one yet another avenue of exploration one doesn't have time to do. I really need to start a proper list for just this occasion. That'll be the next post right after this is posted, an ongoing idea list with appropriate links. That way people can steal all my good ideas.
r.

No comments:

Site Meter