Wednesday, September 16, 2009

works in progress



I have been painting. This is good. I find it useful to have several paintings going at once. These are two of them.
clearly there is work to be done but maybe you can see something in them.
The portrait one is a pain in the butt. At least the head on the left. I enjoy doing portraits, regardless of how much practice I may need. With the oils it is the drying time that slows me down. I am sure there are wet techniques I could be using but my "style' Doesn't seem to be about that.
The cityscape is supposed to be starker and to have the rich tones added later. It is supposed to be about the red truck leaving the shadow f the overpass into the sunlight. I toned down the red and will add a pure red where the light hits it later.
Blah blah blah.
r.

No comments:

Site Meter