Tuesday, September 22, 2009

painting updates





I've been working on the paintings (and adding to a third after this is posted) mostly. I have been going back into a sketchbook. he book is filled with pictures i either do not like or are uncompleted. The idea is to make the page better more interesting by adding new elements. Sometimes that is just reworking a picture other times it is taking it some other place. An advantage of this is that there is little pressure for me to have it be anything other than it is. Sometimes it is akin to bust work and doodling over a drawing, other times it is making a stronger composition by more deliberate choices. There is enough there to work with but also someplace to start beyond a blank page.
I am really finding this much more interesting and creatively potential than just a blank note book. It is both a chance to experiment and to deviate from some habits that might not be so helpful for my development. Additionally it is fun, for me anyhow.
ciao

1 comment:

jel said...

The progress made on the ben stiller painting is remarkable. I love to watch the process. It is still a little mystifying for me.
The sketch book drawings read as intriguing. I think there may be something in those.
After last night's movie I have this thought about using catalogs as sketch books and seeing what happens. Even the totally inappropriate paper seems like it has potential .... E is not asleep yet!!!

Site Meter