Saturday, November 21, 2015

My scanner won't fit the whole piece.

This was done at the end of the summer of this year, 8/15. It was a joke of sorts. To take the Indiana Jones concept and replace it with Tennessee Williams. Really the whole thing "wrote" itself. There seems something inherently action/mystery like for his play titles: Night of the Iguana, A Street Car Named Desire,Orpheus Descending. That may not be a coincidence, as mentioned the idea just creates itself. I would prefer to capture the pulp style and palette a little better (leastwise the way I imagine it). That would come with time and energy as would most of the solutions I ask for in this blog. Clearly the lettering leaves a lot to be desired. I did go out and get some stencils after painting this. I am not sure if that is the answer to that issue but it is worth the investigation. Additionally this seems like one of the times the digital media would be able to bring this closer to capturing an actual book cover but that isn't where I am at. Comments? RGC

No comments:

Site Meter