Wednesday, August 25, 2010

discuss



I am writing a full week after this was posted as a couple of lone pics. Clearly I have not been to verbose in regards to blogging. As always I am finding my work weak and unispired. Are there ways to deal with this? Probably but........
Regardless, these were another set of painting ideas meant to be consumable by the public. I see what seems to me a weakspot in several of my paintings here. The "canvas" size is inversly proportional to the space any on figurine occupies the compositional space of the quadrangle. That is to say the smaller size canvases work better with close ups and more scenic pics work better in larger space. This does not mean that what works in a smaller canvas won't work in a larger but it does not seem to be a two way street. This might be compensated for with a different type of brush work but that would involve doing a lot more painting than I do.
In regards to the lower pic (with the bee) I haope to rock that said same bee to tie the (not yet started) painting together.
what next? I can't say.

1 comment:

jel said...

I am very fond of these ... and the paintings as well. I think this is an interesting new path for you. I want to build the box with mirrors that we saw in the book from the library. There may be some interesting photographing options of such scenes in the box.

Site Meter