Thursday, April 16, 2009

Local Pictures






I make no claims to being a photographer of any merit. I enjoy the task though. It is certainly absurdly accessible with the advent of digital media. In a very real sense not a day goes by where I do not feel I missed a photo op.
These are some shots of things I see in day to day travel around the Ballard area.
Strangely, I feel I am able to better capture an abstraction concept(s) on "film" than I am with painting and drawing. This is something I will need to explore (though I have been threatening to do that for years) and come to some understanding if not a resolution.
Until then I will keep working and hording pictures.
ciao
r.

4 comments:

jel said...

very nice photos ...
I have never been able to abstract as well with drawing/painting as with photography either, but you have more skill in that area.

reino said...

perhaps it is the world that is abstract and we force the literal.

jel said...

nice

jel said...

I stared a blog project ... if you feel like checking it out ....

Site Meter